Friday, October 5, 2012

Why There Are Rails on Escalators

Author's Note: I wrote this piece because every year I remember less and less about this so if i write about it I will never forget it.

When I was four years old I was at the mall with family friends. We just entered the mall and were deciding where to go first. While my sisters were looking at a map two older boys and I decided to have a contest, who could go on the outside of the rail and up the rail the highest. I'd have no idea what would've happened to me that night.

It was the first boys' turn and he made it about four feet and he thought it was pretty impressive. I knew I could beat that. The second boy made it about six feet up I wasn't so sure I could beat that but I was sure I was going to try. I wish I hadn't though.

Now it was my turn to go and I was determined to beat six feet. I did. But I didn't come back down. When I got to a certain point it was too high to jump down! I had to keep going up. Luckily there was a lady who pulled me up over the railing and took me down to my sisters!

I was twenty to thirty feet up in the air if that lady hadn't saved me I might have died. One of the worst things about this is I don't even know who saved my life. If only I knew so I could find her and thank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment